Re: What's up with gdomap???

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: What's up with gdomap???
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:35:19 +0000

On 10 Feb 2006, at 10:02, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

Hi

just 3 minutes after starting gdomap, it eats up 95% CPU time?!

28812 nobody      1 132    0  4116K  1604K RUN      3:01 95.37% gdomap

I've activated /proc and -base's configure picks it up. gdomap is
started with only my machine's IP and BC (no loopback or anything).

Everything IS working fine as far as I can tell, but this looks kinda weird.

Any ideas?

It's certainly weird ... no way should it be using any significant amount of cpu.

You should compile with debug and run under gdb with -f to stop it forking (or attach to the running process with gdb) and find out what it's doing.

You say 'no loopback or anything' ... if your machine has no loopback interface then it's quite likely that could break something as I'm sure gdomap assumes that there will be one. However, I would expect that running a machine without a loopback interface would break a lot of network apps, so you probably didn't mean that... I guess whatever you did mean might still be relevant though.