projectcenter on debian etch wont run - newbie

From: StolenNomenclature
Subject: projectcenter on debian etch wont run - newbie
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 02:58:49 GMT

Trying to start ProjectCenter, I get:

        barny@debian:~$ ProjectCenter

/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/ProjectCenter.app/ProjectCenter: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back: undefined symbol: FTC_Manager_LookupSize
        barny@debian:~$

I have installed a brand new Debian Etch (Testing) distro, the installed
GnuStep as recommended on your web page thus:

        To perform an installation of all GNUstep packages available
        under Debian, run "apt-get install gnustep gnustep-devel
        gnustep-games". These packages are currently only available
        under Debian testing and Unstable (sid).

I should have thought following the web guidelines should have resulted
in a Gnustep that would at least load ProjectCenter. Anyone any idea why
this bog standard install should fail?

I have also tried to run Gnustep from a Debian Sarge install. I was able
to run ProjectCenter, although with frequent minor bugs manifesting
themselves. I successfully created a basic Application type project,
which built ok, but when run came up with an error relating to nib
files. Also was unable to launch Gorm without an error (dont have access
to the exact error text at this time).

All in all never been able to run Gnustep at any time. Can anyone help?