font_cacher problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: font_cacher problem
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:14:42 +0100

Hello all,

I have problmes with the art backend. The rows in teh tableview of a popped up combo box are not drawn correctly. I therefore switched back to xlib. On my Solaris 10 SPARC machine thi ssolved the problem. However,on a Solaris 10 AMD machine, starting the appliction complains about the font cahce not being availabe. It tries to create it and dies withthe following error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  17 (X_GetAtomName)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  71

Any ideas what could be wrong with either libart or running font_cacher after installing xlib?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas