Re: Two issues about filesystem layout

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: Two issues about filesystem layout
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:53:15 +0800

Jim Balhoff wrote:
On Jan 31, 2006, at 8:27 AM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
In Mac OS X 10.4, Apple added some useful constants to the NSSearchPathDirectory enumeration: NSApplicationSupportDirectory, NSDesktopDirectory, and NSCachesDirectory. Applications using the function NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains() shouldn't care how the name of the application support folder is spelled. Maybe GNUstep could support NSApplicationSupportDirectory (I see there is already GSApplicationSupportDirectory)

That's because we (GNUstep) added it first  ;)

Hence the GS rather than NS moniker, as it was an extension. The two are functionally identical. You should find the Application Support directory by using NSSearchPath()

Installation is another matter altogether.

Regards,
Sheldon