make_services dumps core

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: make_services dumps core
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:20:59 +0100

Hi there,

anyone also experiencing core dumps of make_services when installing
the latest CVS versions of -gui? I first noticed the problem with
yesterday's checkout. Same problem today.

The interesting thing is that I added a simple fprintf() as the very
first line (even before variable definitions) in main(), and core is
dumped before fprintf() even gets called...

The system hasn't been changed, no required or optional dependencies
have been updated within the last few days and -gui compiled fine with
Friday's checkout. Still don't have internet at home so I dunno about
the weekend versions.

Using gdb, all I can figure out is that it apparently receives a
SIGSEGV when calling pthread_key_create(). The only reference to that
call is in base/Source/thr-pthread.m

Any ideas what's happening?

--
Chris