Re: Repository change to SVN, Jan 28th

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Repository change to SVN, Jan 28th
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:19:50 -0700

On 2006-01-21 07:47:01 -0700 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

I am a bit puzzled by this fast transission over to SVN. Looks like
everybody wants to take place, or at least does not oppose it. Still we
should make sure that now that we doing it, it does not interrupt the
GNUstep development to much. For this I would like to see a transission
periode, where the offical GNUstep code is still in CVS, but there is
the same code in SVN to play with. Every GNUstep developer should do a
few test updates during that time and we do the actual move, when we all feel comfortable with SVN. (I know I should have been practising myself
already, but I didn't)

Well, some people have been waiting for months, so perhaps they don't think it's fast :-)

I'm not sure how to manage a transition period. Who is going to synchronize the two repositories? I certainly don't want to do this. And I picked SVN precisely because it was so similar to CVS. The only time that 'official' matters anyway, is when I make a release.