Re: Switch to subversion (SVN)

From: Maurizio Boriani
Subject: Re: Switch to subversion (SVN)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:14:15 +0100

On 2006-01-21 02:26:36 +0100 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

Next Saturday (Jan 28), the GNUstep project is going to switch it's
main source code development repository to subversion (SVN) from CVS.
SVN is a more modern software control system that fixes a number of
problems with CVS, but is similar enough that it is easy for people to
grasp if they know CVS.

why not gnu arch? I think it's better and more 'distrinuted'[0] and under FSF
I know, until now I don't develop nothing for gnustep project, but
I'm studing the code base and looking for something to work on.
But, I've packaged, more or less, all gnustep sw for the sourcemage
GNU/Linux distribution[1]

[...]

The repository will be hosted at gna.org. See

gna support gnu arch also :) I store my guile-dbi (a db abstraction lib) here using
arch :)

thanks

[0] http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/scm.html
[1] htto://www.sourcemage.org