Re: Two random thoughts

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Two random thoughts
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:41:54 +0100

Le 16 déc. 05 à 12:21, Chris B. Vetter a écrit :

to better support the development of Appkit bundles, wouldn't it make
sense to 'offer' an additional header directory that includes header
files found in gnustep-back, and put them in Headers/gnustep/back/ ?

May be, but I think we rarely need to override gnustep-back implementation directly to alter AppKit behavior.

Additionally, wouldn't it make sense to put application specific files
in a 'special' sub-directory inside of Library/ ?
Right now, you get Library/GNUMail/ or Library/StepTalk/ right next to
the more 'official' Library/Headers/ or Library/Fonts/. Apple's way of
storing the former two under Library/Application Support/<application
name>/ looks much more favourable to me. At least, it looks 'cleaner.'

Yes, it would be cleaner and would avoid to have Library folders overcrowded when many applications are installed.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr