Re: turn off system beep

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: turn off system beep
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:49:58 -0500

On Dec 16, 2005, at 3:43 AM, santiago.fernandez-lopez@swissonline.ch wrote:

Sorry if this is a naive question but: is it possible to turn off the system beep for GNUstep applications?

There seems to be no setting for the user's defaults database and "xset b off" (as expected, I guess,) does not affect GNUstep applications.

I have no solution, but can also report puzzlement that it doesn't heed the display's bell settings. The bell is rung by XBell() in XGServer.m (in back/X11), which would seem to be the standard way to do this. I'm wondering if some type of X initialization is not performed by back on startup, causing user settings not to be picked up.