Re: Oops... 1 more (Windows) question

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: Oops... 1 more (Windows) question
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:36:14 +1000

interestingly I changed my test code to:
int main (int argc, const char * argv[])
{
   NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setObject:@"back-010" forKey:@"GSBackend"];
   [NSApplication sharedApplication];

but it still exited with the following output.
c:\Lloyd-Dev\MacNetBridge-v1\NovaData-ObjC\shared_obj\NMReadWrite.exe: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:271 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to find backend back-010

while I have this set:
GNUSTEP_CONFIG_FILE=C:/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf
GNUSTEP_FLATTENED=yes
GNUSTEP_HOST=i686-pc-mingw32
GNUSTEP_HOST_CPU=ix86
GNUSTEP_HOST_OS=mingw32
GNUSTEP_HOST_VENDOR=pc
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT=/C/GNUstep/Local
GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES=/C/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles
GNUSTEP_NETWORK_ROOT=/C/GNUstep/Local
GNUSTEP_PATHLIST='/home/Lloyd Dupont/GNUstep:/C/GNUstep/Local:/C/GNUstep/System'
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=/C/GNUstep/System
GNUSTEP_USER_CONFIG_FILE=.GNUstep.conf
GNUSTEP_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=GNUstep/Defaults
GNUSTEP_USER_DIR=GNUstep
GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT='/home/Lloyd Dupont/GNUstep'

and this directory does exist (and it has the appropriate DLL):
C:\GNUstep\System\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-010.bundle

So I'm kind of stuck....
Interestingly a similar problem happened not so long ago with GNUstep on FreeBSD:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-dev/2005-10/msg00033.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Frith-Macdonald" <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>