Possible future Gorm name change

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Possible future Gorm name change
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:22:53 -0800 (PST)

All,

I have been considering for some time changing Gorm's name to something else.
I believe that some people might find the name a little awkward and some,
particularly on slashdot, commented on it.

In spite of the fact that other Open Source/Free Software apps have odd names,
GIMP being possibly the most glaring example, some people seem to dislike the
Gorm name.

I wanted to take the opportunity now, rather than later, to ask if anyone has
any suggestions they would like to make regarding the name of the application.
My personal favorite, if the name were to be changed, is InterfaceCreator since
this goes very well with ProjectCenter.   On Cocoa you have PB and IB and on
GNUstep you have PC and IC. :)

Anyway... please let me know if you have any substantive (meaning not silly,
stupid or patently unimaginative) ideas regarding a new name.

Thanks, GJC

P.S. I personally like the Gorm name, but I wanted to poll the community before
the next major version of the application comes out.

Gregory John Casamento
-- Principal Consultant, Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.