Re: Some GNUstep observations

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Some GNUstep observations
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:04:06 +0100

Hi all,

After closing a modal dialog (e.g. a login panel), clicking on a menu
entry causes the menu to be put into the background (very annoying). I
have to doubleclick on the app icon to get it back to front. I haven't
seen this behaviour with an older version of GNUstep on Solaris 9 under
Window Manager (a bunch of differences that might lead to this error).
But I would guess that a recent change to one of the GNUstep frameworks
causes this behaviour. Does this ring any bells? Can anybody can
confirm my observation?

This used to happen on other systems as well, even when running Window
Maker (which I presume you meant). If I remember correctly, Adam added
a patch to correct this issue (under Window Maker). I played around
with Oroborus lately (on FreeBSD) and noted the same faulty behaviour.

Any new insights regarding this issue? I would dig into that if I had to, but I guess some of you guys will spot the responsible code much faster, while I would need days for understanding all the related parts.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas