Re: back problem on Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: back problem on Solaris
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:37:01 +0100

Hello all,

HAVE_UTF8 is defined if XftDrawStringUtf8 is found in the Xft library. Probably we need to check for this other function as well.

Yes, it seems so. My next approach (monday) would be to comment out the HAVE_UTF8 stuff in back. But checking this in configure is definitely the better approach. :-)

To get GNUstep (latest cvs) to work on Solaris 10 one has to do the following:

        cd /usr/src/core/back
        /usr/local/bin/grep -r Xutf8LookupString .
        pico ./Source/x11/XIMInputServer.m

/*#ifdef HAVE_UTF8
      if (encoding == NSUTF8StringEncoding)
        count = Xutf8LookupString(windev->ic, event, buf, BUF_LEN,
                                  &keysym, &status);
      else
#endif*/

Thanks,