Re: Problem compiling base 1,11,1

From: Pablo Di Noto
Subject: Re: Problem compiling base 1,11,1
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:53:02 -0300

Pablo Di Noto wrote:

> I am compiling base 1.11.1 on a uClibc based linux x86 toolchain.
> I have done this several times, but this time I get this error:
>
>  Compiling file objc-load.m ...
>  Compiling file NSMessagePort.m ...
>  Compiling file NSMessagePortNameServer.m ...
>  Compiling file GSFFCallInvocation.m ...
> GSFFCallInvocation.m: In function `GSInvocationCallback':
> GSFFCallInvocation.m:1003: error: union has no member named `_longlong'
> GSFFCallInvocation.m:1004: error: union has no member named `_ulonglong'

Well, same thing with ffcall 1.9.

After reading on the list that someone had the exact same error when compiling on Windows, I checked that ffcall's configure script is guessing some things about long long... I assume it is guessing because of crosscompiling.

I compiled ffcall natively inside the toolchain instead of crosscompiling it and now base builds.

I will try to see why ffcall configure guesses wrong, but I'm low on points in autoconf/automake wizardry. :)

Regards,
///Pablo