Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:22:37 +0900

On Oct 23, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

It seems to me that a 10K RPC/sec target is high for any machine.

My previous version of user account service server(which I want to "improve") can handle 10K RPC/sec(almost). Yes, this varies with number of clients. Current number of client hosts are almost 500 servers of linux-x86(Xeon Dual. Service itself runs on this class of machine).

GSXMLRPC is fine as a server (ie to parse RPCs and generate responses). It doesn't act as a web-server in itsself....but you can use any other web server to run a GSXMLRPC service. The GNUstep SQLClient library (in the dev-libs directory) contains the WebServer class, which can be used to act as a standalone web server, with the xmlrpc handling done by its delegate ...

Thanks, I can try with your example with my server/client.