Re: Totally Gormless

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Totally Gormless
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:44:45 +0100 (BST)

> 1) If you compiled gnustep-make with CFLAGS="-fXXX" then gnustep-make
> adds CFLAGS="-fXXX" to every library/applications build (personally, I
> find this annoying and somewhat "wrong").  I believe (iirc)  that it
> does honor CFLAGS as well, but then you'd have to explicitly say
> CFLAGS="-fno-XXX" to the CFLAGS you are changing, if you don't
> recompile gnustep-make with the real set of CFLAGS you want for all
> apps.

Thanks ... you're probably talking about the fact that if you configure
gnustep-make with CFLAGS="-fXXX" then gnustep-make adds -fXXX to any
compilation command ? :-)

Any reasons why this is annoying ?  I'd have imagined that if you didn't
want the CFLAGS to be used when compiling ... you just wouldn't use them
in gnustep-make's ./configure! ;-)

Any special sort of granularity you need that is not covered by this ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in the rest.

Thanks

PS: You can always change those CFLAGS later manually, by editing
$GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES/config.make ... the flags are stored in the OPTFLAG
line.