Re: GNUstep and session management

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: GNUstep and session management
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:17:44 +0400

Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> writes:

> I think we can safely infer that the session manager *should* send the
> NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification to all apps on session termination, but we
> don't know what (if anything) it should do then (other than some sort of force
> quit of applications still running after some interval), and we don't know if
> the gui library should observe NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification and call
> [NSApp terminate]

Actually, since according to Mac OS X docs "the order in which observers
receive notifications is undefined" (GNUstep doc doesn't say anything about
it), observing NSWWPON by the library is not a way to go - application should
receive this notification before call to applicationShouldTerminate to be able
to process it (and there is a note about this order - see
http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKitOlderNotes.html).

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.