Re: GNUstep base vs libobjc

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep base vs libobjc
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:55:01 +0100 (BST)

Difficult question ... libobjc is really obsolete in terms of
functionality.  You don't even get a string class - you have to write
everything that a normal 'foundation' library has from scratch, which is
really a waste of your time, given we have an excellent library already.

On the other end, gnustep-base is not as easy to install (and bundle with
your application) on Windows.

Probably if you have to spend your time on something, rather than
rewriting all the foundation classes, you could rather help us with making
the Windows port better and easier to install / distribute. :-)

But, as I said, I can see your point.  PS: not sure static linkage would
work at the moment on Windows.

Thanks