Re: writeData: does not send out data for 5-10 minutes

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: writeData: does not send out data for 5-10 minutes
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:05:22 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:04:33, Andreas wrote:
[...]
> You mean the data (n bytes) is actually sent by machineA and also
> received by machineB but NSFileHandleReadCompletionNotification is not
> posted until at least N (N > n) bytes have been received?
> If anyhow possible I would like to use the NSFileHandle notification
> mechanism versus polling for available data.
> Can the timeout be reduced?

I'm not familiar with using NSFileHandle for a TCP oder UDP socket (though
essentially a socket is a file, I prefer to differ between those two).

>From a socket's point of view, you can use setsockopt() to reduce or
increase the timeout for sending/receiving.

Maybe, just maybe, you could use NSFileHandle-synchronizeFile to flush the
buffer. But as I said, I do not use NSFileHandle on sockets.
Richard might tell you, though.

--
Chris