Debian package dependencies for StepTalk

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Debian package dependencies for StepTalk
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:25:38 +0200

Hi,

StepTalk debian package depends on GNUstep database lirary 2. I have
contacted the debian packager twice and the debian mailing list once
with wuite long time distances between contacts and I have received no
response so far. Perhaps the maintainer is listening here.

The package is here: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/steptalk
Depndencies: gnustep-dl2 (>= 0.9.1) [i386]
QA page for StepTalk: http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/steptalk.html

I consider this an obstacle for installing StepTalk as gnustep-dl2
depends on other libraries including postgresql - unnecessary package
cascade for the StepTalk itself. The framework builds and works just
fine without those libraries.

Therefore I would like to ask anyone who can change the package, whether
it would be possible to remove that dependency? The dl2 module
(steptalk_source/Modules/GDL2) can be put into a separate package,
steptalk-dl2, for example. Or make it optional and include the module
anyway - it will just sit there.

Thanks,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi