Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:19:11 +1000

I have to agree on this point. I'm sometimes trying to bring up the
archives for the mailing lists, as I access the web site from a myriad
of computers (so bookmarking is out of the question). I find it hard to
locate them, and sometimes I just want so see if there's anything new on
a thread I written on.

For example, I click on "Developers" but it's not in there. I click on
user guides, but not there again. Finally I click on "Get help" and
there listed, plain and simple. It's just a bit confusing, as most of
these lists are developer-centric. I liked the old design, where
everything was listed on the side, as you could click through once to
where you wanted to go.

And shouldn't Gorm/ProjectCenter be listed under "Developers"? They're
the development tools for developers. The news way of locating them is
error-prone, and we seriously risk losing people's attention who may or
may not be interested in the gnustep project.
--
Christopher Armstrong <quineska AT__ gamebox dOT net>