Does anyone else find the main site confusing?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I really have to express this bit of frustration...

If I were a new, potential, user it would be very hard for me to navigate the
current gnustep.org site.

I would find it very confusing that the "Downloads" section doesn't contain the
current releases, but the links on the front of the page do (if so shouldn't
the other link be called "additional downloads").

I am constantly telling people to go the the site to show them GNUstep and one
of the things which always trips them up is "where can I read about
Gorm/ProjectCenter/etc etc."  They always click on the link on the top of the
screen.   Little do they know that it's the link for each release in the "News"
section which points the the Gorm/ProjectCenter/etc. page.   This is confusing.

Can we please do something about this?   Even *I* get tripped up by this
sometimes since it's relatively unintuitive in my opinion.

I believe what we need to have is something like has been done on GAP.  We show
all of the current releases for all SW on the front page and the link leads to
a page wich has "Information" "Download" and other links about that app.  I
believe that this is cleaner and more intuitive.

Just my opinion as I almost got tripped up *again* today while showing someone
the site.

Later, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.