Re: Library dependency question

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Library dependency question
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:27:30 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:06:10, Nicola wrote:
> Which operating system (etc) are you using ?

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE
GNUstep-core is daily snapshot from September 06, 2005

>  Exactly which error are you getting ?

 $ cd Example
 $ gmake
 Making all for tool example...
 Compiling file main.m ...
 Linking tool example ...
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libKoBase.so.0, needed by
//Local/Library/Libraries/libKoFoundation.so, not found (try using -rpath or
-rpath-link)

If I add

  ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS      += -s -rpath
${GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT}/Library/Libraries

to KoFoundation's top-level GNUmakefile.preamble, recompile and install
KoFoundation, everything works fine.

> I'm not aware of changes in gnustep-make that could have affected you.
> Did you change your linker ?

Nope. Well, yes, kind of. I haven't been working on Ko[stuff] for a long
time and upgraded my system a while ago from 5.2-RELEASE.
Back then, the -rpath statement wasn't necessary.

--
Chris