Re: GNUstep static compilation?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep static compilation?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:33:07 +0200

On 20. Aug 2005, at 13:16 Uhr, Pete French wrote:
Whether you can do this with the GNUstep libraries or not I dont know - my installation certainly seems to only have dynamic libraries installed. But
this is certainly not a problem with Objective C itself.

Sure, when using gstep-make just run it like this:

  make static=yes

when building projects.

In case you build statically you need to ensure that all files are "linked in" by referring to some symbol inside the source (which can be quite annoying but is just like with plain C). If you don't you might experience missing classes (in case they are only looked up dynamically) or categories.

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/