Re: Problem building gnustep-gui-0.10.0

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: Problem building gnustep-gui-0.10.0
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:38:51 +0100

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 06:06:43PM +0300, Enrico Sersale wrote:
> On 2005-08-17 17:06:38 +0300 Richard Stonehouse <richard@rstonehouse.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:40:45AM +0300, Enrico Sersale wrote:
[...]
> >>I've modified gsnd to use portaudio v19. It seems to work very well. Can
> >>you test it, please?
> >
> >Thanks, Enrico. I'm willing - where and how do I get it and what do I
> >do with it? As a non-programmer, I need step-by-step instructions!
>
> It's on CVS. I've commited it yesterday.
>
> ><snip>

OK, I've applied the gsnd 1.9 -> 1.10 patch and rebuilt gnustep-gui.
Using the portaudio v19 released with SuSE 9.3.

The GWorkspace Contents inspector now plays sounds just fine and the
sound server doesn't go into a loop.

However, I notice one small oddity: the first time I play the sound it
creates a file in my home directory called alsaout.raw (size: 0
bytes). So long as I leave that file in place, GWorkspace can continue
to play sounds. But if I delete it, sounds will no longer play. If I
quit and restart GWorkspace then we're back to the beginning - playing
the sound works and creates another alsaout.raw.

Also tried GNUMail - although I set this up to play a sound on
receiving mail, it didn't. Further investigation needed.

--
    Richard Stonehouse