Re: right alignment in NSTableView cell

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: right alignment in NSTableView cell
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:30:10 +0200

Andreas Höschler wrote:
> we do
>
>               [(NSCell *)[tableColumn dataCell]
> setAlignment:NSRightTextAlignment];
>
> in our code. This works if no formatter is set. If a formatter
> (NSNumberFormatter) has been set, the text is left aligned regardless of
> the aligment setting. I checked the code but had no success in finding
> the responsible bit.

I just did test an NSTextField with a number formatter in Gorm and there
both right and left alignment seem to work. But the class
NSNumberFormatter itself is not complete, actually it is not even barely
working. Are you really using this? If you use a subclass than the I am
pretty sure that the problem is in your own code. If you use the GNUstep
class I will need to have another look, this time with an NSATableView,
as you are using in your example.

Cheers
Fred