Re: GDI+/win32 backend

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: GDI+/win32 backend
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:28:13 +1000

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 10:45 +0900, Sungjin Chun wrote:
> Great work! I want to run it :-)

I would like to get an initial patch out there as well, but:

1) I'm not sure if I should post it to this list (it is a little large,
even if I figure out diff).
2) I need to have the automake/autoconf files in the gnustep-back
package modified to add the right settings,
3) It adds dependencies, namely GDIPLUS.DLL, available as a
redistributable from MS (for win2k and lower).
4) I need an opinion as to whether I should structure the code with
#ifdefs so that people can optionally use GDI+ and GDI or just plain
GDI.
5) The sources I'm using I found on the mingw mailing list, and I guess
they would be in CVS, so I've included them in GNUstep, and made some
small modifications myself. This isn't appropriate when such sources
make their way into a release version of mingw (probably not for a
while). However, to use these additions, we should not require end-users
to use CVS mingw in the meantime. (It's not like this bit of code is
unstable, it's just that it's not "official). Perhaps a separate
library?

Also note it doesn't completely replace GDI, in fact, it still depends
heavily on it.

--
Christopher Armstrong <quineska @AT@ gamebox dot NET>