Re: quality assurance (was: Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0)

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: quality assurance (was: Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:33:44 +0200

Am 24.07.2005 um 08:08 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald:

Actually, I'm more concerned with getting bug reports at all ... I occasionally hear tales of MacOS-X users having tried GNUstep and given up because it's buggy ... but I don't see corresponding bug reports on savannah (few appear to come from MacOS-X users), so I suspect that most people can't be bothered to file a bug report, let alone provide a testcase.

Some sort of an automated bug reporting system might help here. If GNUstep can write a "... please send this to bug- gnustep@gnu.org ...", it could prepare a standard collection of files (config.log, ...) as well and just ask yes/no wether the report/ collection should be created and sent.

For GUI-oriented systems like Mac OS X or Windows, there might be no working CLI-mailer. A prepared package in $HOME (/tmp is hidden in Mac OS X) to be sent as an attachment should be fine, then.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/