Re: has my bug report & fix been submitted (in NSProcessInfo.m)?

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: has my bug report & fix been submitted (in NSProcessInfo.m)?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:43:56 -0700 (PDT)

All,

--- Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:

> Lloyd Dupont wrote:
> > here was the fix:
> > NSProcessInfo.m: 669
> > + (void) initialize
> > {
> >  if (self == [NSProcessInfo class] && !_gnu_environment)
> >    _gnu_process_args(__argc, __argv, _environ);
> > }
> > I add the "&& !_gnu_environment" test
>
> I don't think this could possibly be the correct fix.  This is just
> duct-taping a fix over something else which is obviously broken...
> Aren't + initialize methods only supposed to be called once?

That is correct.  The +initialize method should only be called once when the
class is loaded into the runtime.

I'm wondering if the runtime is being initialized properly when ObjC is called
from within .NET.  Isn't this what Lloyd is trying to do here?

> Just my two cents,
> Andrew Ruder

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.