Re: [OT] deployment issues on windows

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: [OT] deployment issues on windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:32:21 +1000

As you might know, (but it seems you don't), even in free-as-in-freedom OS, such as FreeBSD (what else?), you have free-as-in-freedom Mail User Agent (FMUA) which works very well with HTML content. such as gmail or kmail!

Anyway I believe your problem, believe it or not!, is to do with limited char-set support of your mail app!
(And not with HTML)

Why do I believe that?
Even if you used mail (the command line mail application) you should be able to see clearly the the text part of the mail (remember, even Micros~1 Outlok use standart MIME mail format, which are multipart, always including a text part).

So maybe you should read again your favorite system documentation on char-set on how to upgrade the number of char-set it supports!

Beside why do I get through the pain of using inferior mail app when Outlook express is so good an support both format? (and encrypted email, and annoted email, and newsgroup, and so much more!...)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yavor Doganov" <yavor@doganov.org>