GNOME and WindowMaker/GNUstep

From: Jon Brisbin
Subject: GNOME and WindowMaker/GNUstep
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:30:41 +0000

I can run WM just fine on my Ubuntu linux box (what else would one
expect? :-) but I'm having some very strange behavior with GNOME and WM
together. When I fire up gnome-session from inside WindowMaker, it
starts about 5 or 6 copies of all the apps I had open one time when I
killed it (at least 5 term windows, Evolution, Gaim, etc...) and I have
no idea how to make this stop happening. It only does this from inside
WindowMaker as far as I can tell.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with running Gnome inside
WindowMaker? I could live without it if it wasn't for the stupid default
font sizes being about 4 times too large! Other than that, I don't
really need gnome running...

Jon Brisbin