Re: Flash Demo

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Flash Demo
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:17:28 +0200

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:30 +0100, Nicolas Roard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recorded a flash video demonstrating Gorm and the StepTalk palette:
> http://www.xdev.org/gnustep/demo.html
> (and additionally I recorded it with Camaelon activated, so it's
> shiny (too shiny
> to be useable some would say ;-) , but perfect for a demo)
>
> With the StepTalk palette you can program entire applications
> entirely in Gorm --
> It should be interesting for quickly build applications (if you need
> something fast, you
> can always add a normal ObjC object)

For others who are not yet following the topic, here are notes with
comments:

http://camaelon.blogspot.com/

> We could perhaps submit that to /., etc (good occasion to talk about
> GNUstep no ?)

I have tried - the story was rejected. Can anyone else post a story
about the demo? Perhaps a GNUstep authority? The more submissions, the
better chance to be published. And ... why it is a story? Because it is
something new! And it is definitely more news than "KDE/Gnome will
follow new fashion trends and will use blue buttons instead of grey".
Yes, many stories from other projects look like that.

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi