Re: GNUstep support for Core Data?

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: GNUstep support for Core Data?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:40:58 +0200

> In Mac OS X 10.4, Apple added `Core Data', a framework that allows data
> manipulation (see developer.apple.com for more information).  I think that
> GNUstep should have support for Core Data.
>
> Samuel Lauber

I'm currently working on an implementation of CoreData for GNUstep, but this
framework also pulls with it a few other Foundation issues which must be
implemented first, namely predicates (NSPredicate and friends) and key-value
observing (KVO). I am currently working on predicates (NSExpression implemented
so far), and it would be great if somebody took over the key-value coding issue.

However, there is a number of problems too. The biggest problem is that Apple's
documentation is, since it's all brand new Tiger features, still quite
incomplete and sparse. Many things I had to guess and some I can't implement at
all, because
I just don't have any idea on what they are. Anyways, if all goes as planned,
hopefully in one or two months we will also have a functional implementation of
CoreData.

Saso Kiselkov