Re: Windows problem

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Windows problem
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 08:41:43 +0100

On 2005-06-08 07:13:20 +0100 Lloyd Dupont <lloyd@nova-mind.com> wrote:

grmmrrbbll..

now I have a n extremely simple sample which shows that 'gnustep-base.dll' failed to load in the debugger (through LoadLibrary), while:
1. other library work
2. it succeed on the command line.

Sounds like an environment variable problem ... I would guess (under unix at least) that the environment variable which tells the system where to find libraries is not set up the same way when you run in the debugger as it is when you run from the command line. If this happens, you may fail to load the base library because some library it uses cannot be found.

The simplest fix for that is to make sure that all the dynamic libraries used are places in the same (standard) location so that you know they can be found without having to have their location specified in the environment variable.

Caveat ... I'm talking about unix here ... things may not be the same under windows.