problem with poseAs

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: problem with poseAs
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:58:00 +1000

I'm trying to port an application write on MacoSX to GNUstep/Windows.
The application uses many MacOSX 10.3 features (I mean method and classes
added in 10.3).

I had a runtime error because of such a missing accessor for a new
defaultTabInterval property in NSMutableParagraphStyle.

So I decided to simply write a superclass and use the 'poseAs ' mechanism.
However, when I did so, I had this puzzling error message issued by the
runtime (and followed by an exit(3)):
Assertion failed: impostor->instance_size == super_class->instance_size,
file class.c, line 638

I'm kind of puzzled, couldn't you have new instance variable in a posing
subclass?
That's the whole advantage compare to categories...

How could I work around that?
I need paragraph style information extensoively and absolutely, I can't
simply remove the code using it....