Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:03:25 -0400

Hi all,

I know some are not going to love me but here is what I think...

I think that aesthetic is very important in programming. It makes the
code more readable. Bu tI also know it takes a lot of time to ake
everything perfect... Especially with a project with so many lines of
code. So. compared to what is really important, I think the conversion
of existing code so that it matches a consistent programming style
should be put at the last priority.

Besides, I particularly think the "I think you should" attitude leads to
nowhere (or nearly). If you can't code, why not at least write some doc
or modify existing documentation and submit a patch?

Also, on a positive not maybe all of this can be done through a code
parser. It probably would be even take less time to write than to
convert everything by hand.

Wolfgang