Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep Coding Standard Additions
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:46:39 -0600

On Apr 23, 2005, at 10:49 PM, Sheldon Gill wrote:
Naming
======

There are a couple of naming standards in use. The trouble is that standard GNU form conflicts with standard NeXT and Apple forms.

Sure, that all sounds fine.

Documentation & commenting
==========================

Where should gsdoc comments go? Mostly, it is in the implementation files. To me, that seems the best place too. However, there are some modules where all the gsdoc is in the

I agree, but several other people don't, so this might not be resolved anytime soon.

Conditional compilation
=======================

In trying to accommodate differences between platforms and particular build requirements there is a lot of code which is conditionally compiled using the pre-processor.

I recommend standarising on

#ifdef REQ_DEF

instead of

#if defined(REQ_DEF)

Well this doesn't seem like it is confusing as it is, but I don't care either way.

Tabs vs Spaces

Hence, I move that use of tabs be dropped. All in favour?

Sure. Proper indentation, regardless of the viewer makes things much easier.