I need help

From: Pascal J . Bourguignon
Subject: I need help
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:59:15 +0200

DANIEL hoggan writes:

> I tried reinstalling them all but either wm or gnustep does'nt recognise
> that their there and I can't do anyy work, I've tried to look through the
> file manager but to know avail, hope somebody can help thanks

WindowMaker has its Application menu to launch applications, but you
have to fill it yourself (or let your distribution update it when you
install an application package). See: ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu

Actually, I forget about this menu (it's not the NeXTSTEP way), and
rely on the Dock of WindowMaker: the first time I launch the program
from the terminal, and if I think I'll need the application later, I
drag its icon onto the WindowMaker Dock.

Now, for GNUstep, you should run GWorkspace.app (put it as the first
application in the Dock, and auto-launch it).  Then the applications
are found in /GNUstep/System/Applications or
/GNUstep/Local/Applications.  But this concerns only GNUstep
applications. For other X programs, either you need a wrapper (some
are provided with GNUstep), or you'll have to launch them from a
terminal, blissful of GNUstep, as above with WindowsMaker.

Granted, this is not as integrated yet as in NeXTSTEP or MacOSX, but
that's the goal.

Small brave carnivores
Kill pine cones and mosquitoes
Fear vacuum cleaner