libintl can't be found

From: Tabitha McNerney
Subject: libintl can't be found
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:06:06 -1000

Hi guys,

I'm building a second machine for my boss with GNUstep cause he liked
what he saw when I showed him my first one on my powerbook. I thought
I took immaculate notes on my las built out but maybe not. I am trying
to build gcc 3.3.5 and when I do so I get this error when performing
"make bootstrap"

/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lintl

This seems a bit silly because the libraries for libintl are just
fine. I can see them in:

/opt/local/lib

libintl.3.4.0.dylib
libintl.3.dylib
libintl.a
libintl.dylib
libintl.la

as are the C flags as in:

/opt/local/include

libintl.h

I have both /opt/local/lib and /opt/local/include in my environment
when I configure and make as apropos CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.

Any ideas?

TM