Re: pl2link: What is it?

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: pl2link: What is it?
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:16:48 +0200

Pablo Di Noto wrote:
Hello,

I am installing a fresh GNUstep copy on Debian sid. Startup 0.10.0 worked ok and I got GNUstep working.

Compiled and installed Gorm without problem. Then compiled ProjectCenter and got this:

Making all for app ProjectCenter...
 Creating ProjectCenter.app/Resources/ProjectCenter.desktop...
/bin/sh: pl2link: command not found
make[1]: *** [ProjectCenter.app/Resources/ProjectCenter.desktop] Error 127
make: *** [ProjectCenter.all.app.variables] Error 2

which is the first time I notice. What ple2link is for? Where is supposed to come from?

pl2link is provided by gnustep-base and located in /usr/GNUstep/System/Tools/pl2link

And according to the source:
This tool produces a desktop link file for KDE and Gnome out of a GNUstep property list.

Are all variables set allright?
Try the following:
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep-reset.sh
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
And rebuild

Dennis