Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:12:19 +0200

Am 30.03.2005 um 02:43 schrieb Nicolas Roard:

Le 30 mars 05, à 01:30, Tabitha McNerney a écrit :

I wonder what it would take to turn around GNUstep's perception? To
take it from hobbyist perception to enterprise perception?

More applications, new look.

Are you sure?

Well, I don't want to sound disencouraging, but IMHO, a developer doesn't really care how many other apps there are. (S)he needs a powerful, easy to handle API (which GNUstep already has), stability and a quick way to get started.

In the enterprise world, you don't care too much about the look of an app. Much more you care to get work done and how the final work looks/works/helps. I.e., an accurate, high resolution print is much more important than fancy animations while typing this document.

This all with as few headaches as possible, of course.

just my $0.02

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/