Re: MS Windows & Window-Messages

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: MS Windows & Window-Messages
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:39:27 +0100

On Monday, March 7, 2005, at 02:26 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Marc Brünink wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2005, at 07:23 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:
[...]
If you need any specific behaviour here, it should be easy to enhance your own GNUstep Windows applications with specific window functions.
Hm. I took a look at WIN32Server.m. And there's the windowEventProc:::: method, which process the events. At the end the DefWindowProc function is called for every unhandled event. So they are lost, aren't they?

I don't understand what you mean by "lost". The default window may actually handle some of the events we don't handle, but this is probably not what you are refering to. All the window events that we don't turn into an explicit OpenStep/Cocoa event wont be passed on to the front end. Is this where you are aiming?

Yes. I need to intercept some WM_USER+something messages. And actually I've no clue how to do this. The only possibility to handle them appears to be a GNUstep backend hack.

Marc