Re: StepTalk Segfaults

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: Re: StepTalk Segfaults
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:24:31 -0600

Matthew D Swank wrote:

There are two problems with blocks. One that I can identify, and one that still eludes me.

1. Formal parameters to blocks are global in the (unnamed) method;

Well, I am actually looking on a definitive word on if this is correct behavior or not. GNU Smalltalk supports giving block parameters their own lexical scope while PDST (and perhaps Little Smalltalk) don't. I am not sure what the ST-80 rules are.

Matt