Re: Trying gnustep-startup-0.9.1 on Darwin/x86

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Trying gnustep-startup-0.9.1 on Darwin/x86
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:09:32 +0100

At 9:39 Uhr -0700 22.02.2005, Adam Fedor wrote:
2. The Documentation should say that you should type:

sudo ./InstallGNUstep

instead of just:

InstallGNUstep

Except that you don't. Using 'InstallGNUstep' works fine, and I actually prefer that, although it doesn't matter much.

I'd definitely encourage you to use the ./ notation. Every security-conscious Unix/Linux user makes sure that . is not in the PATH. By explicitly specifying ./, you make sure it works everywhere, no matter whether the PATH includes the current directory or not.

So, it'd be one less possibility for a silly RTFM-question to be asked, and would lower the entry barrier to GNUstep just that little bit more.
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer