Re: GWorkspace next release (Was: Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf)

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace next release (Was: Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf)
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:17:49 +0200

On 2005-02-18 22:26:51 +0200 Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

On February 18, 2005 5:23 am, M. Uli Kusterer wrote:

  In my projects, I use a method that takes a filename and, if it
exists, appends a number to the name (*before* the suffix). That way,
I always get a unique name. GWorkspace may benefit from that. I could
provide you with that code if it'd help.

Yes, I have seen this is other software as well. However, I still think a dialog for naming is good. LiveSearch1.lsf doesn't really convey too much info as oppose to something like sales_reports_2005.lsf or tracks_by_the_the.lsf.

I'll add a dialog with, as default name, "LiveSearch.lsf". So, if it's ok for
you, you must only click Ok.

  As to "hunting down" a folder or file: Does GNUstep do
type-ahead-selection yet?

I love type ahead selection. Unfortunately we don't have that yet.

This is not true. GW does it. In all the file viewers.

Charles