Re: [Q] Porting StepTalk to Mac OS X(ObjC Runtime Compatibility)

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: [Q] Porting StepTalk to Mac OS X(ObjC Runtime Compatibility)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:45:31 -0800

Philip Mötteli wrote:
Am 17.02.2005 um 07:56 schrieb Alex Perez:

Sungjin Chun wrote:

I've try to build StepTalk on Mac OS X using Cocoa framework. And I found that StepTalk depends on GNU ObjC Runtime and this makes porting somewhat hard. 2. +[NSMethodSignature signatureWithObjCType:] is used in StepTalk and I found that this method is Cocoa.framework although hidden. Can I use same argument for this method, ie., type is compatible?

Please contact stefan urbanek immediately, at stefan@agentfarms.net. He is the current StepTalk maintainer, and is desperately looking for someone to finish my port of StepTalk to OS X. You can grab the (sort-of functional) source from my website at http://rocko.paploo.net/~aperez/GNUstep/StepTalk-CVS-9Nov2004.tar.bz2 . Note that make install will not work yet, you need to manually install the components into /Library/Frameworks and the bundles to /Library/StepTalk/Bundles or wherever they're supposed to go. The resources aren't inside the framework yet.

There's also Alexander Diemand <axeld@moltalk.org>, who has a running and probably more recent port. He told me, that he will soon try to merge that with the present CVS tree.

Christ, so much for preventing duplicated efforts! :(

Alex P