Re: Re: Look and Feel

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Re: Look and Feel
Date: 17 Feb 2005 04:22:02 GMT

Jason Clouse <jhclouse@charter.net> wrote:
> On 2005-02-16 20:06:35 -0500 MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> > Dictatorship of the majority?
> No, catering to the majority.

Do we accept that UI is a minority expertise? If so, can we trust
a majority to make a good decision?

[...]
> > : do the market research, collect the data and bring it in.
> If you want it, read it:
> http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/06/1827244&tid=94

No-one did deliberate market research in there did they? Looked
like a straight release announcement. Maybe you can extract
some marketing info (which I asked about already and I'd be happy
to read) but it looks like it might say that objective C++
and ACPI are the most urgent potential-user requests for GNUstep.

Also, (fortunately) slashdotters are not the real world. The
apple subsite readers doubly so.

--
MJR/slef