Re: [Gnustep-ui] Re: Look and Feel

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-ui] Re: Look and Feel
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:01:20 +0000

Le 16 févr. 05, à 17:26, Alex Perez a écrit :

Yeah. I would paraphrase myself to make it clearer for others. My point was
that
AppKit should be:
1. aware of theming - presence of theming extension in AppKit
2. polite to theming - use only theme-delegated class for UI drawing

As far as I know, rIO (Nicolas Roard) has patches to GUI to make it do basically exactly this. AFAIR he's out of the country at the moment, and doesn't have access to the net, but he would probably tell you the same if he were reading this.

Camaelon uses categories on many -gui classes so they use GSDrawFunctions methods; and add a lots of methods into GSDrawFunctions to properly do that.

At the moment, it still needs a code clean up (and a bit of a standardisation of the "api"), but it basically does exactly what you want.

I should be able to find some time theses days to do that, so I expect an official release before the Fosdem (if you just want to test now, you can check http://www.roard.com/gnustep/ , but it's not a final release).

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke