Re: Re: Look and Feel

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:09:32 +0100

In the third world countries like one I am living. Most of us don't
have much money to get the best hardware. I myself still have
to use this $200 pc while my salary when I still have a job was around
$300. So no, I don't want to waste any penny for any new incredible
cool looking desktop but rather application usability. *sob* *sob*
(...)
It should look good on every backend and have small memory
footprint and not spending the whole day of my CPU time
for tesselating all those sexy curves.

Wouldn't there maybe be a way to instead have a "minimal" look as an optional theme or theme bundle which isn't the default? So, at worst, you would have to launch it once with the default look, switch to "minimal" and that's it?

Not to mention Jesse's design really doesn't look fancy enough not to run on older computers. Heck, there are people who've hacked MacOS X to run on an old 8100/80 PowerMac. If that one can run Aqua, any Pentium should be able to run Jesse's theme at blazing speed...
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer