ANN: GNUstep Startup Version 0.9.0

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: ANN: GNUstep Startup Version 0.9.0
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:16:05 -0700

I had hoped to do more testing on this, but I'm hoping other people can help. Please send me feedback as well...
--------------------

The GNUstep Startup Package, version 0.9.0 is now available.

What is the GNUstep Startup Package?
====================================

GNUstep Startup is a compilation of the following core GNUstep packages:
gnustep-make Version 1.10.0
gnustep-base Version 1.10.1
gnustep-gui Version 0.9.4
gnustep-back Version 0.9.4

In addition, there is a set of scripts to automatically build and
install the core GNUstep system.  You can run it at any time: before,
during, and after you have installed GNUstep.

After installing GNUstep Startup, you will have a complete runtime system for compiling and running GNUstep applications. For a complete developement system, you would also need to install the Gorm and ProjectCenter applications.

The installation scripts have currently been tested on:

Darwin 7.x
Solaris 2.7

Changes in version 0.9.0

Beta release. Needs testing by volunteers.

Where can you get it?  How can you compile it?

The gnustep-startup distribution file has been placed on
`ftp.gnustep.org' in `pub/gnustep/core'.

Please log bug reports on the GNUstep project page
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnustep> or send bug reports to
<bug-gnustep@gnu.org>.